Were you charged more than you thought you would be? Here are some common reasons why we might be right and you might be wrong! =)
1. Is the charge only slightly more than you expected? Check the Backups tab for your servers to see if you're being charged for backups.
2. Did you sign up, and then add a second server soon after? If so, we charged your card for $16 the moment you signed up for that first server, but we didn't immediately charge you again when you added the second one. Instead, we added that second $16 to the following monthly bill, which would be $48, or 32+16.
3. Did you come back and re-activate your old account? If so, you still have an old monthly billing date from when you originally signed up with us. Suppose you originally signed up on Feb 22nd, so your billing date is the 22nd of every month. Let's say you left for a long time, then came back on Sept 14th and created a new server. We won't bill you immediately for the new server, but will wait until the 22nd. Therefore, that bill will be a little bit bigger because you'll also be paying for the time of the 14th through the 22nd.
4. Are you Canadian? We are a US company, so we billed you in US dollars. Your bank converted the charge to a CAD charge, which would be a little bit higher.
5. Are you Australian? Same applies as for our Canadian customers, plus we have had to add a surcharge due to the elevated cost of servers in Australia.